GIVE AS YOU EARN is a PAYROLL giving service and is a simple way to make a regular commitment to charity.
Payroll giving is one of the most tax-effective ways for you to donate to charity. Your donation is taken from your pre-tax salary, meaning that part of your donation comes from money that would have otherwise gone to HMRC.
· Your tax is calculated on a lower amount; this could change your tax bracket and lower the amount of tax you pay.
· You get tax relief on your donation immediately, at your highest rate of tax, and you can pass this benefit onto the charity. How is it calculated?
· If you are a 20% taxpayer, 80% of your donation amount will be taken from your salary and 20% will be taken from the tax which would have gone to HMRC.
· A £20 donation will cost you £16 – but the charity will still receive £20 because the £4 which would have otherwise gone to the tax man goes to the charity.
Making a GAYE donation through your salary is simple to organise – just ask your Payroll department for the relevant forms. If your company does not yet operate the Payroll Giving scheme, you can talk to your payroll department to arrange a scheme that allows you to donate through your salary – setting up GAYE is easier than you think!
How to take part
1. Use the link below to download a form to instruct your employer’s payroll department and our processing department about your charitable giving wishes. https://www.cafonline.org/PDF/1311E_form_2pp.pdf
2. Submit a copy of your completed form to the department responsible for your organisation’s CAF Give As You Earn scheme – this may be Human Resources, Payroll, CSR or another department and send a copy to us by scanning in the form and emailing it to email@example.com
Or send it by post to: CAF Give As You Earn, Charities Aid Foundation, 25 Kings Hill Avenue, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4TA
For more information https://www.cafonline.org/